Collection and processing of personal data
RUD will only collect, store and process your personal data as permitted by applicable law or with your permission.
1.2In order to ensure that we meet and maintain our Privacy standards, we have appointed a privacy officer. Should you wish to contact us in relation to Privacy, please email us at
1.3 We may make alterations or additions to this policy from time to time. Should we do so, we will update the policy on our web site.
1.4 Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers’ level of compliance with privacy codes.
2. What Information do we collect?
RUD Chains Pty Ltd may collect different information about you at different times. There are three broad categories of information that we collect from you:
2.1 Information we require to supply our goods & services.
- If you make an inquiry about our products and/or services using our on-line forms, we request information such as your name, address, telephone number, email details etc.
2.2 Non personally identifying information.
- In addition to the information you specifically provide above, RUD Chains Pty Ltd operates statistics gathering software on its web site to collect information about the number of visitors coming to the site. No identifying information is collected by this software. The software records the IP address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our own technical structure and performance, and to determine which areas of our web site are most popular.
2.3 Other demographic information.
- If you respond voluntarily using our on-line communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of RUD Chains Pty Ltd’s products and services.
3. How Do We Use Personal Information We Have Collected?
3.1 We collect and use your personal information to operate our web site and deliver our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you with:
- technical support
- sales support
- product upgrade information
- news & information.
3.2 You may stop the delivery of future promotional email from RUD Chains Pty Ltd by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our promotional email list and can be found down the bottom of the email.
3.3 We may use your personal information to:
- contact you in relation to your use of our products and/or services, special offers with newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits. We may give extracts of our customer lists containing personal information to third party contractors to do this on our behalf. We will ensure that those contractors are bound to protect your personal information to the same standard that we are.
- identify the source of new customers to RUD Chains Pty Ltd;
- monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- in the case of ABNs, to verify your identity;
3.4 We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential. RUD Chains Pty Ltd does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, licence, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to RUD Chains Pty Ltd) any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
3.5 We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only if:
- we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business or web site;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of RUD Chains Pty Ltd;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- if we sell our business or part of it; and
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of RUD Chains Pty Ltd’s products and services, its web site, our staff or the public.
- Constant changes to the internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
5. Children’s Privacy
RUD Chains Pty Ltd does not knowingly collect, use or market any information to children without seeking parental or a guardian’s consent. We also urge you to familiarise yourself with your legal responsibilities with regard to children and the internet.
6. Social Media
RUD is also present on various Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. We want to offer you the best customer service possible. Queries directed at those channels will therefore be redirected and processed internally.
You have to create an account with the respective provider in order to contact us via Social Media. The provider might collect, process and use personal data. The provider may receive additional information about your general Internet usage via cookies and/or if you log in to the respective provider’s service while using our web page. RUD has no influence on the nature, scope and processing of that data. RUD receives no personal data about you from those providers. Additional information about data processing by the respective providers can be found in their privacy policies.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact our Privacy Officer on . We will deal promptly with your complaint. If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.