Pacman Coil Tilter
The Pacman Coil Tilter is a small footprint up-ender for tilting steel coils from a vertical to a horizontal bore position, enabling safe loading to an Uncoiler machine.
The Pacman Coil Tilter is driven mechanically and can be stopped with the load in the turning process. RUD offers a standard 6-tonne model with a slewing base, and we can customise it to suit your required tonnage.
Safety aspects (on standard model)
- Start switch delay - On turning the start switch, there is a two-second delay before the commencement of operation.
- Audio-visual warning - Turning the start switch immediately operates an orange flashing light and audible siren for two seconds prior to the commencement of operations and throughout the entire cycle of the machine.
- ‘Deadman’ start switch - The start switch has to be continually held in place by the operator during the machine's cycle. Releasing the start switch will automatically cease the operation of the machine.
- Separate operator console - The manual controls are mounted away from the coil tilter for increased visibility.
- Fork tyne slots - For safe and easy transportation and manoeuvring.